Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken on Solaris 9

From: Felix Winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken on Solaris 9
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 09:27:32 +0200

Bruce Hoult wrote:
I'm attempting to build from the Chicken 1.12 tarball on the following
system:

telecomdev1:~$ uname -a
SunOS telecomdev1 5.9 Generic_112233-03 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraAX-i2
telecomdev1:~$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.2.3

Hi, Bruce! How are ya?

Problems encountered so far:

- missing dlopen et al when linking .libs/libchicken.so.0.0.0

  dlopen is in libdl, configure is detecting this and adding -ldl
  to SHLIBS, but the linker command line doesn't contain -ldl.

  For now I've modified configure.in to add -ldl to LIBS, but this
  doesn't seem to be the correct way to do it.

That's correct.

- missing nanosleep when linking .libs/libchicken.so.0.0.0

  I've added to configure.in:
  AC_CHECK_LIB(rt, nanosleep, [LIBS="$LIBS -lrt"])

Oops, thanks.

- lots of warnings for implicit declration of alloca
  - done nothing as yet

Hm. You get this with gcc, right?

- warnings: runtime.c: In function `parse_argv':
  runtime.c:430: warning: subscript has type `char'
  runtime.c:434: warning: subscript has type `char'

  - done nothing

Shouldn't be critical.

Are these problems likely to have been fixed in cvs?

Not quite. Matthias Koeppe had the same problems on Solaris, but
I haven't checked this in, yet. He also proposed some changes
regarding handling alloca.h properly, which will also be checked
in tonight (I hope).

What is the best way to fix the -ldl problem that won't break other
platforms?

Setting LIBS is the right way, I believe.