Re: [Chicken-users] string-index in extras and srfi-13

From: felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] string-index in extras and srfi-13
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 21:36:00 +0100

address@hidden wrote:
I don't know what's going to happen.  But the abiguity is bad anyway:
I need both chicken units 'extras' and 'srfi-13'.  both define a
'string-index' but different.  Which one is going to be used (I need
the srfi-13 one).

Yes! I found this the other day, too. It was very confusing until I
realised the definitions were different!

I think changing the order of (require)s let me choose the right
one. I don't know if changing the order of (declare (uses)) would
help.

That's right. The one apearing later in the declaration, or
the one `required' later is the one that will overwrite the
previous definition.

How could the ambiguity best be resolved? Rename the 'extras' version
of string-index to something else?

That would be the best solution. Any ideas?