[Chicken-users] FFI question

From: Peter Keller
Subject: [Chicken-users] FFI question
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 00:50:46 -0500

Hello,

I want to implement an FFI to a C function that returns a pointer to a
static structure.

So, let's say the C function is this:

struct foo
{
        int x;
        float y;
        size_t z[3];
};

foo* foo_func(void)
{
        static foo f;

        f.x = 10;
        f.y = 20;
        f.z[0] = 30;
        f.z[1] = 40;
        f.z[2] = 50;

        return &f;
}

How would I write an FFI to foo_func so that the returns structure pointer
can be accessed nicely. I suspect I'm going to have to do something like
this:

>>> (foo_func)
(10 20 (30 40 50))

But is there a better way where I might be able to use define-record?

Thanks.

-pete

P.S. If the structure returned was dynamic, I suspect I'll have to use
the set_finalizer! trick I was already taught for the GNU MP interface?