Re: [Chicken-hackers] [Chicken-users] Spiffy subprocess cleanup

From: Evan Hanson
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] [Chicken-users] Spiffy subprocess cleanup
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 02:39:23 -0700

On 2013/05/23 09:17P, Peter Bex wrote:
> I've attached a patch that I *think* does the trick. [...] I'd love it
> if people could test this and provide feedback, because I'm pretty
> unsure whether this fix is the correct one.

Seems to work here -- at least, it solves the problem Bryan found and
doesn't cause any others AFAICS.

I did run into an unrelated issue while poking around with the patch,
after defining a new procedure `process-wait` for testing -- should
`process` use a "##sys" variant of `process-wait` in its definition? I
don't quite grok what the guarantees are w.r.t. user shadowing &
internal procedures in the units, but I think there are a few cases in
posix where an internal variant could (should?) be used.

Either way, the attached patch makes this specific change to `process`
since it bit me.

Evan