Re: [Chicken-hackers] just to let you know

From: Jörg F . Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] just to let you know
Date: 06 Mar 2013 14:09:14 +0100

On Mar 5 2013, Dan Leslie wrote:

Do you have any telemetry that might indicate why this is?

Yes, in a way.  And fixed, sorry for the noise:

I've been using the not documented API to make-input-port. In particular the 5th (2nd optional) argument "read-string". (See http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/chicken-users/2008-08/msg00110.html for details.)

When burned with the ##sys#double->number issue *and* the
changed API of ##sys#scan-buffer-line I disabled the use of the
undocumented API.  After re-enabling at least the read-string,
I got the old performance back.

/Jörg

BTW: thanks for the hint to git-GUIs.
(My problem however is, that git uses slightly different vocabulary
than those VC systems I'm famillar with.  I'd still have to make
head or tail of screen space and probably read quite an amount of
docs.  But: these days when walking the dog, the children left
a snowball of about 50cm diameter in my pathway - I fell down full
length and just yesterday somebody came horse riding in front
of mine - I didn't see until close as about 7 meters.  Also I
hade to see a doctor to cure my spine-pain because I bent forward
to read the screen too long.  If you see what I mean.)

-Dan