certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] CERTI setup

From: schrjaxx
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] CERTI setup
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 01:20:57 +0000

On , Eric Noulard <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2011/7/19 John Schroeder address@hidden>:
>
> > Hello all,
>

> > I am very new to HLA programming and not all that familiar with network
>
> > security protocols.  As a consequence, I have not been able to get the CERTI
>
> > RTI to run on any platform I have access to.  I have tried WindowsXP,
>
> > Ubuntu, and Fedora 15.  The following is what happens when I try to start
>
> > rtig on my Fedora 15 system:
>

> > address@hidden CERTI-3.4.0-Source]$ rtig
>
> > CERTI RTIG 3.4.0 - Copyright 2002-2008  ONERA
>
> > This is free software ; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
>
> > warranty ; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
>

> > terminate called after throwing an instance of 'certi::NetworkError'
>
> > Aborted (core dumped)
>

> > This is a SELinux machine, so I expect some potential interference from the
>
> > security protocols.  I thought I had those bypassed temporarily.  Still no
>
> > luck starting rtig and running the Billards example.
>

> > Can anyone point me to a solution?
>

> > Any help would be truly appreciated.
>

> Hi John,
>

> This is weird, we use CERTI on Ubuntu, Fedora 11-->14 & XP as well.
>
> Concerning SELinux, I don't know on our systems SELinux is disabled (totally).
>

> Does the "certi::NetworkError" occur as soon as rtig is started or
>
> when you launch billard (or any other federate)?

The error occurs when rtig is started

> Do you have "http_proxy" or "HTTP_PROXY" env var positionned?
>
> If yes could you try to unset those?

I have unset http_proxy and it made no difference

> --
>
> Erk
>
> Membre de l'April - « promouvoir et défendre le logiciel libre » -
>
> http://www.april.org

My fedora 15 x86_64 machine is the last holdout, CERTI is running on the others. I have to suspect it is related to SELinux, but don't know.
I will try to figure out how to disable SELinux and see if that helps, although I think it would be better to have SELinux allow CERTI
to do what needs to be done. Anyone tried this?