certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] CERTI setup

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] CERTI setup
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 16:04:50 +0200

2011/7/19 John Schroeder <address@hidden>:

> I will check my fedora setup when I get home this evening.  I tried my
> ubuntu machine this morning.
> rtig runs ok.   When I try to launch the billard federate I get the
> following.
>
> address@hidden:~/src/certi/CERTI-3.4.0-Source/test/Billard$ billard -fTest
> -FTest.fed -n1
> CERTI Billard 3.4.0
> RTIA:: RTIA has thrown NetworkError exception.
> RTIA:: Reason: Proxy connection refused: HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden
> RTIA:: End execution.
> UN Socket(RecevoirUN) : : Connection reset by peer
> libRTI: exception: NetworkError (read)
> Billard::main: RTI exception: RTIinternalError [libRTI: Network Read Error
> waiting RTI reply].
> Exiting.
>
> I have the following for http_proxy
>
> address@hidden:~/src/certi/CERTI-3.4.0-Source/test/Billard$ echo $http_proxy
> http://134.20.11.88:8080/
>
> I hesitate to unset this on my work computer because I am not sure I
> understand the consequences.

Not much if you do it only in the terminal(s) you use for CERTI testing.
The application runned inside the concerned terminal won't contact
the proxy when trying to open a network connection they'll try to connect
directly. Which would certainly fail if your are behind a corporate firewall
and trying to access an external address.

This CERTI issue is known (but not yet fixed unfortunately)
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?27291

You may
export CERTI_HTTP_PROXY=""

without touching "http_proxy" this should work as well.

> I now have the billard test running on my XP system (virtual machine running
> inside vbox).  The menu driven launch does not seem to work for the
> federates, but if I open command windows and start the federates, it appears
> to work.  Maybe; I am still studying the result to see if it makes any
> sense.

OK, the billard example does not do much on windows beside printing
object discovery
and some print when a collision (HLA Interaction) occurs.

On X11 enabled system it draw a billard board with animated balls,
there is no graphical windows example yet.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org