certi-devel

[certi-dev] CERTI setup

From: John Schroeder
Subject: [certi-dev] CERTI setup
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 19:48:34 -0600

Hello all,

I am very new to HLA programming and not all that familiar with network security protocols.  As a consequence, I have not been able to get the CERTI RTI to run on any platform I have access to.  I have tried WindowsXP, Ubuntu, and Fedora 15.  The following is what happens when I try to start rtig on my Fedora 15 system:

address@hidden CERTI-3.4.0-Source]$ rtig
CERTI RTIG 3.4.0 - Copyright 2002-2008  ONERA
This is free software ; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
warranty ; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'certi::NetworkError'
Aborted (core dumped)

This is a SELinux machine, so I expect some potential interference from the security protocols.  I thought I had those bypassed temporarily.  Still no luck starting rtig and running the Billards example.

Can anyone point me to a solution?

Any help would be truly appreciated.

John.