certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] Re: [Flightgear-devel] FlightGear goes HLA 1.3

From: Martin Spott
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Re: [Flightgear-devel] FlightGear goes HLA 1.3
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 07:56:22 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Eric,

"Eric Noulard" wrote:

> New federation: Test
> Looking for FOM file...
>    Trying... Test.fed --> cannot access.

I ran 'rtig' in 'truss' (would be 'strace' on Linux) and thereby I
found out that this first very lookup is being made in the current
working directory.

> I should agree that the CERTI_HOME + share/federations may be awkward
> we may add CERTI_FED envar which could be a list of paths.

Thanks for your elaborate explanations ! I noticed that you already

  setenv CERTI_FED $CERTI_HOME/share/federations

in the 'myCERTI_env.csh'  file (and the respective Bourne Shell
counterpart), so I assumed this variable is already being honoured by
the RTIG as being the first place to look for the .fed. To my personal
opininon/experience the evaluation of $CERTI_FED would be the best
choice, so you always could have:

  env CERTI_FED=.... $CERTI_HOME/bin/rtig

I'll go and re-check environment evaluation of 'rtig' this evening.

Cheers,
        Martin.