bkchem-user

Re: [Bkchem-user] General suggestions on bkchem documentation on Mac

From: Alexander Thurgood
Subject: Re: [Bkchem-user] General suggestions on bkchem documentation on Mac
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 10:45:06 +0200

Hi Mingye,

I'd forgotten I was even signed up to this list, thanks for reminding me :-)

As far as I'm concerned, bkchem no longer ran at all on the latest x64 release of macOS, let alone on the newer Arm M1 silicon.

I can't get the 10.5 bundle to run on my M1 Macbook. As you point out, macOS refuses to launch it, indicating that the developer needs to update the program as support for x86 instruction execution no longer exists.

I also seem to have python3 as the default python environment as well, so starting the unzipped package from the command line also does not work.

This is with macOS Monterey (12.6).

I'd guess there would be quite a way to go to get a bkchem bundle up and running again on current macOS, unless the bundle includes the whole python 2.7 framework.

Alex