bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] feature request, new stable version planned

From: Benny Guest
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] feature request, new stable version planned
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 06:32:53 -0400

Yep... Thanks for the great work Martin!

--
Sent from my Android Tablet with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

Tim Sampson <address@hidden> wrote:
On 18/05/2012 11:05, C. Meyer wrote:
>> Actually I never used this software, and I am not personally
>> interested in making Bino compete with it or imitate it.
>
> Maybe you should take a look to see what the needs of people are who
> need to playback S3D footage.
>
> And maybe you can clear up, what you are interested in, if not
> improving your software...

This seems a bit harsh. Martin is clearly interested in improving the
software, it just is what it is, it's not meant to be a clone of a
package that costs 39 euros more (or infinitely more, depending on how
you look at it). I trialled SSP and the only thing I miss is the ability
to open SSIF files directly off an unprotected blu ray disk.

Bino has allowed us to have 3D family film nights via a cheap projector
without shelling out yet more money for yet another piece of software
and for that, I am eternally grateful.

Cheers
Tim