bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] feature request, new stable version planned

From: Tim Sampson
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] feature request, new stable version planned
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 11:18:24 +0100

On 18/05/2012 11:05, C. Meyer wrote:
Actually I never used this software, and I am not personally
interested in making Bino compete with it or imitate it.

Maybe you should take a look to see what the needs of people are who need to playback S3D footage.

And maybe you can clear up, what you are interested in, if not improving your software...

This seems a bit harsh. Martin is clearly interested in improving the software, it just is what it is, it's not meant to be a clone of a package that costs 39 euros more (or infinitely more, depending on how you look at it). I trialled SSP and the only thing I miss is the ability to open SSIF files directly off an unprotected blu ray disk.

Bino has allowed us to have 3D family film nights via a cheap projector without shelling out yet more money for yet another piece of software and for that, I am eternally grateful.

Cheers
Tim