beaver-devel

Re: [Beaver-devel] Release Tarball

From: Michael Terry
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] Release Tarball
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 19:26:19 -0400

Leslie Polzer wrote:
Should we include GtkSourceView in it?

My gut reaction is no; it's a seperate library.

Although, it's a reasonable thing to do. I do have misgivings about the gnome-friendliness of GtkSourceView's developers; I think one of them also works on GEdit. I heard they plan to add support for gnome-print (for what purpose, I do not know). Now, gnome-print isn't terrible, since it's a fringe GNOME library that seems to only depend on GTK libraries. And presumably, it'll be optional (or we can provide a patch to make it optional). But, my point is that if the developers do something we don't like, it would be an option to fork gtksourceview and bundle it with us. I just don't think we need to take such drastic steps yet (it would be nontrivial effort without much reward).

-mt