beaver-devel

Re: [Beaver-devel] Translations

From: Leslie Polzer
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] Translations
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 19:09:24 +0200

Hello Michael,

I am sorry for not being able to contribute much stuff lately, but I
was busy with German, Greek, math and ethics which were my "abitur" (the German
exam granting you access to university) subjects. I have finished it by now and
should be able to resume work on Beaver.

On Wed, 21 May 2003 21:08:33 -0400
Michael Terry <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi, Leslie.  I was thinking that we should start working on working out
> any kinks in our gettext support.  If you could start translating some
> of the messages in our beaver.pot file, we could see what problems we
> have.  I think I made the whole main menu translatable.  I'm marking any
> strings I see with _().
Ok, then I'll start translating, although not every source file is gettextized
yet; hopefully msgmerge will do its job rightly.

> Once we're sure that translations work, we can ask for translations from
> the community at large (and at least French ones from the previous
> maintainers).
Besides that I am going to continue my work on the Glade version of the Prefs
dialogue. I am also eager to update the website; hope I'll get to it.
Maybe you could in the meanwhile give me a quick intro to gtksourceview.

Leslie