beaver-devel

Re: [Beaver-devel] beaver small glitch...

From: Michael Terry
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] beaver small glitch...
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 17:39:46 -0500

Riccardo Persichetti wrote:
Hello to the new beaver's developers!

Thanks for taking care of such a great editor: small footprint
but still so powerful, thanks for porting it to gtk+-2!

No problem; the quicker GTK+ 1 dies, the happier I am.  :)

i see that one of the developer is Michael Terry, are you the
author of xpad? if so, i'm still waiting for you to implement
an alarm for notes... ;-)

:) Sorry to keep you waiting. I've gotten sidetracked on other projects, as you can see.

i've just got latest cvs, it's amazing the work you two have done
in so few time. i'm having some problems with auto* stuff, probably
because i'm still using automake-1.6.3 and can't upgrade to 1.7,
the problem is that config/* stuff (depmod, mkinstalldirs, config.sub,
config.guess, install-sh and so on) isn't copied to the beaver/config
dir, so that when i run ./configure i get:

configure: error: cannot find install-sh or install.sh in config \
./config

Yeah, I get the same problem. Leslie, you might want to try and get it compiling smoothly on just a CVS pull into an empty directory. Also, including some of the generated files in CVS might not be a bad idea. You know, like the configure script and Makefiles or whatever.

there is also a small glitch i noticed, probably you already know
about it, but anyway in case you didn't noticed it, i attach a
screenshot that displays it...

Hmm... I can't test it now, but I will when I get a chance. Thanks for the nice picture. :)

-mt