bbdb-user

Re: How to wrap lines?

From: BP25
Subject: Re: How to wrap lines?
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 15:49:48 +0000

"Barak A. Pearlmutter" <barak@pearlmutter.net> writes:

> You can M-x turn-on-visual-line-mode in your *BBDB* buffer and it
> wraps fine.

Perhaps you mean M-: (turn-on-visual-line-mode) ? Is this the same as
M-x visual-line-mode? And in any case it looks like there's the
inconvenience that in the popup it deactivates every time I display
another email...

> I have
>
>  (global-visual-line-mode 1)
>
> in my Emacs init file.

I think I'd rather not set something globally.

> There is also the variable bbdb-wrap-column, which I've never played
> with but it does sound relevant.

This variable is a mystery! Also I wonder why lines are truncated if the
Emacs default seems to wrap lines:

By default, continued lines are wrapped at the right window edge.