axiom-math

RE: [Axiom-math] Hyperdoc crash

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-math] Hyperdoc crash
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 19:21:28 -0500

On January 25, 2006 4:46 PM Fabio Stumbo wrote:
> We talked some day ago about hyperdoc and its crashes. I
> realized that most of the crashes I experienced were in
> the browse section:
> if I enter some search text and then I click either
> "Documentation" or "Complete" then Hyperdoc crashes and
> I get the following error in axiom:
>
>     >> System error:
>     Cannot open the file
> /usr/local/axiom/mnt/linux/algebra/libdb.text.
>
> On the other hand, other types of search works.
>
> So it seems that I am missing this file and, in fact, I have
> no *.text in my axiom directory. Yet, when I compiled it,
> compilation reported no errors.

This is a known problem. See issue #153:

property change --Tim Daly, Sun, 30 Oct 2005 13:13:03 -0600 reply

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/153MakeInstallDoesNotInstallANeededLibdbText
ForHyperDoc

I have verified that this problem no longer occurs in Axiom built
from the most recent tla developer archive. I am not sure if this
is in the CVS versions yet. However if you have built Axiom from
an earlier source you can copy the required file as loli described
in the above issue report.

  cp .../axiom/int/algebra/libdb.text \
     /usr/local/axiom/mnt/linux/algebra/libdb.text

where .../axiom stands for your Axiom source directory.

If you did not build Axiom from source, e.g. if you installed a
binary version, then you can download it from here:

  cd /usr/local/axiom/mnt/linux/algebra
  wget http://axiom.axiom-developer.org/mnt/linux/algebra/libdb.text

This solves the failures related to "Complete", etc. however the
problem described in issue #236

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/236ClickingOnDependentsInHyperDocBrowseCrash
esHyperDoc

still occurs. If you find other such cases, please submit an
issue report at:

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/IssueTracker

Regards,
Bill Page.