axiom-math

RE: [Axiom-math] Engineering Application

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-math] Engineering Application
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 20:42:00 -0500

On January 22, 2006 8:00 PM Raymond E. Rogers wrote:

> Assuming I get axiom running; would anybody be willing to discuss
> an engineering application where I think Algebraic Geometry provides
> a mathematically correct answer? Even though I have just started
> learning AG, I think I can do all of the hard work myself.

I would be very happy to discuss engineering applications of
algebraic geometry.

Perhaps one place to start with Axiom and algebraic geometry might be
the following tutorial by Donu Arapura (http://www.math.purdue.edu/~dvb):

http://www.math.purdue.edu/~dvb/algeom.html

Introduction to Algebraic Geometry

Arapura includes some computer examples using Maple. We could see how
we might do the same examples using Axiom.

Regards,
Bill Page.