AW: New member and how to cross-compile AVRDUDE

From: Marius Greuel
Subject: AW: New member and how to cross-compile AVRDUDE
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 15:46:37 +0100

Hi Kristof,

> How to cross-compile AVRDUDE?

The procedure for cross compiling goes like this:
- Add another architecture to your package manager
- Download the cross toolchain and libraries
- Configure the build to use the cross toolchain and libraries

Actually, I was working on that just a couple of days ago. Although you can use
the autoconf scripts, I recommend that you try the CMake project that I
recently added.

Check out the GitHub Action of my personal repo:
https://github.com/mariusgreuel/avrdude/blob/windows/.github/workflows/build_cmake.yml

Note that the cross job is not complete yet. I just installed libusb, but CMake
is not using it yet. Also, I couldn't make it work in Ubuntu, so I used a
Debian docker image.

Marius