[bug #61624] [Feature request] Serial/UART UPDI programmers

From: mcudude
Subject: [bug #61624] [Feature request] Serial/UART UPDI programmers
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 05:29:54 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #14, bug #61624 (project avrdude):

> Yeah, I just checked and the same issue occurs when trying to save to
AVR128DB28 fuses. I think I know what this is, working on a fix now, should
have it ready in a moment. Will let you know when it's ready.

Great! I'm about to leave for baby swimming with my daughter, but I'll test as
soon as I'm back hoome :)

> Once again, thanks a lot for all your effort!

My pleasure! I currently maintain several Arduino "cores", that let you use
pretty much any ATmega AVR with Arduino IDE while also providing way more
flexibility in terms of fuse settings clock speeds etc. IMO Avrdude is the
backbone of the entire AVR community, and I use it all the time, so helping
you out with the testing is the least I can do! Having a reliable, FOSS
uploading tool that supports pretty much all AVR programmers is such a
blessing!

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?61624>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/