Re: installing documentation one level higher

From: Peter Johansson
Subject: Re: installing documentation one level higher
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 22:35:12 +1000

On 11/8/21 9:55 pm, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
Folks,

My current rule (in the top-level `Makefile.am`) is

    nobase_dist_doc_DATA = doc/bar.html \
                           doc/img/baz.png
I think you wanna get rid of the 'nobase_' prefix (but haven't
tested).
If I do that, all files are installed into the same directory,
according to the documentation.

Correct. Sorry about that.

This is not what I want; images
should still be in the `img` subdirectory.

A solution to the problem is the 'install-data-hook' target to move up
all documentation files and directories by one level (I haven't tried
this yet, though).  I just wonder whether there is a better, more
'natural' one.

An alternative approach would be the following snippet:

dist_doc_DATA = doc/bar.html

doc_imgdir = $(docdir)/img
dist_doc_img_DATA = doc/img/baz.png

Cheers,