Re: bug#19539: [1.15] AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR should be called early

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: bug#19539: [1.15] AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR should be called early
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2022 13:16:37 -0500

On Wed, Feb 9, 2022, at 1:02 AM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On 08 Feb 2022 22:11, Glenn Morris wrote:
>>
>> I see autoconf uses savannah for bug reports.
>> So long as simply sending a mail to bug-autoconf doesn't open a savannah
>> issue,
>> I can set the autoconf maintainer to bug-autoconf, so that mails go to
>> the right place. (It tends not to work well if two bug trackers talk to
>> each other.)
>
> Zach: do you know if there's an e-mail<->savannah gateway ?

I don't know either way, but I do know that bug-autoconf is just a regular
mailing list, not connected to savannah issue tracking.  So Glenn's suggestion
is probably the best for the short term.

This situation is exactly why I was thinking about switching autoconf over to
debbugs: it's _useful_ for automake to be able to reassign bugs to autoconf and
vice versa.  In fact, just last week I had to tell someone to re-file a bug
against automake because we don't have the ability to reassign bugs in that
direction.  (https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?110599)  However, I do not have
time right now to wrangle the switch-over, and I also don't know how to get the
existing set of open autoconf bugs migrated into debbugs.  (The closed bugs can
stay where they are.)  Anyone reading this have time to tackle the work?

zw