Re: DDE support of AUCTeX.

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: DDE support of AUCTeX.
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2023 09:45:15 +0200

Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:

> I noticed on the wiki [1], which says that the DDE support is absent
> in AUCTeX, as shown in the attachment. I wonder whether this is true.
>
> [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_TeX_editors

Reading [Note 8] suggests that with DDE forward/backward sync via other
means than command-line arguments is meant.  If that's the case, then
AUCTeX does have support for that with certain viewers, e.g., AUCTeX and
Evince and its derivatives such as Atril communicate via DBUS (if
available), AUCTeX and pdf-tools communicate directly via Lisp.

Bye,
Tassilo