Small problems with auctex

From: Jorge Devoto
Subject: Small problems with auctex
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2023 12:12:20 -0300

Hello

I have been using auctex for many years. In the last week, I  have had two small problems.
The first one is that when I try to open a tex file I get a message

font-lock-compile-keywords: Font-lock trying to use keywords before setting them up

I have to try a second time and then all is o.k.

The second problem is that auctex keeps asking me to set the master file, even
if the local variables are at the end of the file. For example: (the file is master.tex)

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: latex
%%% TeX-master: "master"
%%% TeX-master: "master"