Re: Custom RefTeX TOC entry

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: Custom RefTeX TOC entry
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2023 09:44:17 +0100

👍

>> Since promotion and demotion both rely on this variable, I think it
>> shouldn't be changed by an AUCTeX style from lisp with `add-to-list'.
>
> I'm sorry, what do you mean here? That I should modify it with an AUCTeX
> style, or that the style should not use `add-to-list'?

I meant this part of the code from songs.el is not good:

   ;; Tell RefTeX:
   (when (boundp 'reftex-section-levels)
     (dolist (elt '(("songchapter" . 0) ("songsection" . 1)))
       (add-to-list 'reftex-section-levels elt t)))

I think we should leave this change to the users and an AUCTeX style
doesn't touch this variable at all.

Best, Arash