Generating separate bibliography document from multiple LaTeX files

From: Kourosh Kalayeh
Subject: Generating separate bibliography document from multiple LaTeX files
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 15:25:28 -0400

Hi everyone!

I am working on an NIH grant, and as part of its requirements I have to have all my references from different documents (background and goals, research strategy, etc.) in one single file. The references need to be numbered in the documents and in continuation of one another (for example, the references start in background and goals document from 1 to 20, then in research strategy document it goes from 21 to 80). My question has two parts:

  1. How can this be done in LaTeX with biblatex and biber?
  2. How can this be automated in AUCTeX?

Ideally, I would like to run TeX-command-run-all (C-c C-a) and AUCTeX runs the required programs in the background and gives me my typesetted main document (e.g., research strategy) and bibliography (which is generated from multiple documents, background and goals and research strategy documents in the above example).

Thanks,
Kourosh