Re: AUCTex in WSL cannot find TeX Live in Win

From: petepetite75
Subject: Re: AUCTex in WSL cannot find TeX Live in Win
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 03:08:44 +0200

Hi Ikumi,

> What happens when you insert
> (call-process TeX-shell nil t nil
> TeX-shell-command-option "tex.exe --version")
> in *scratch* buffer in wsl emacs and type C-x C-e just after the closing
> ")"?

After I load auctex (by loading my test2.tex in emacs) and type the above lines in *scratch*, this is how the buffer looks like:

(call-process TeX-shell nil t nil
TeX-shell-command-option "tex.exe --version")TeX 3.141592653 (TeX Live 2022)
kpathsea version 6.3.4
Copyright 2022 D.E. Knuth.
There is NO warranty. Redistribution of this software is
covered by the terms of both the TeX copyright and
the Lesser GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file
named COPYING and the TeX source.
Primary author of TeX: D.E. Knuth.

Does not look ignorant of my Windows Tex Live installation, in principle.

But should there still be no easy remedy in sight, I suggest I don't steal any more of your precious time and just move Tex Live inside the walls of wsl.

Thanks a lot and wish you a pleasant weekend!
Kind regards,
Pete

FreeMail powered by mail.de - mehr Sicherheit, Seriosität und Komfort