Re: AUCTex in WSL cannot find TeX Live in Win

From: petepetite75
Subject: Re: AUCTex in WSL cannot find TeX Live in Win
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 13:41:53 +0200

Hi Ikumi,

> Do you mean that only a single "#" appeared in the echo area? Not
> "#<process dummy>"? And didn't emacs signal an error?

Oops, pardon me, rest of the line in my posting got swallowed up;

"#<process dummy>"

is what I get, you are correct.

> Hmm... What happens when you issue the following command on the wsl bash
> console? (not in emacs)
> bash -c "tex.exe --version" &

This:

[1] 21

TeX 3.141592653 (TeX Live 2022)
kpathsea version 6.3.4
Copyright 2022 D.E. Knuth.
There is NO warranty. Redistribution of this software is
covered by the terms of both the TeX copyright and
the Lesser GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file
named COPYING and the TeX source.
Primary author of TeX: D.E. Knuth.

Which probably just confirms that Tex Live is no unknown entity to wsl, only wsl-emacs/ aucteX still seem reluctant to communicate.

I just got another idea. Before switching wsl, I had emacs/ aucteX succesfully running 'out-of-the box' under cygwin. Were this not comparable conditions, .i.e. a subsystem in which emacs/ aucteX had to fetch the pdflatex.exe in Tex Live in Windows. So, maybe it could be helpful to reinstall that again and compare entries in corresponding .init- or .emacs files?

FreeMail powered by mail.de - mehr Sicherheit, Seriosität und Komfort