Re: LaTeX doesn't find the source file

From: Oscar Bruno
Subject: Re: LaTeX doesn't find the source file
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 11:04:37 -0800

Dear Ikumi -- thanks for the great suggestion.

I implemented your option 2

2. Arrange PATH environment variable so that C:\texlive\2020\bin\win32 comes before C:\cygwin\bin .

C-c C-c now correctly finds the source file, and auctex works perfectly.

Thanks so much for your insights.

Oscar

On Sun, Mar 6, 2022 at 1:24 AM Ikumi Keita <ikumi@ikumi.que.jp> wrote:
> On windows, the delimiter for paths in TEXINPUTS must be ";", not ":".

Sorry, that isn't accurate. For record, I correct it. The colon ":" for
path delimiter would be valid for cygwin TeX Live commands, provided
that the path name containing drive letter specifier such as "c:" and
path separator "\" are turned into suitable forms for cygwin commands.

Thus
> 1. Customize `TeX-kpathsea-path-delimiter' to ";".
this option alone wouldn't work because cygwin TeX Live commands would
still see
.;c:/Users/bruno/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-13.1.1/latex;
as TEXINPUTS value, which they won't understand correctly.

I think one of the options
> 2. Arrange PATH environment variable so that
>    C:\texlive\2020\bin\win32 comes before C:\cygwin\bin .
> 3. Deinstall TeX Live from your cygwin. (Or deinstall cygwin itself.)
is needed.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine