Re: Indenting the code written in square brackets as optional parameters

From: निरंजन
Subject: Re: Indenting the code written in square brackets as optional parameters
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2022 15:29:50 +0000

Hello hackers,

>>> Hi, may I call you निरंजन?

Yes, that's my name.
[niɾənʤən] it is in IPA.

>>> Thanks for your suggestion, I think it is useful.
> So am I...

I am glad that you liked my suggestion :)

>>> It seems that the attached patch achieves what you
>>> want.

I tried merging the patch you have attached. For that I
followed the following steps on my bash terminal. I think I
have missed something because I am not able to see any
change in the behavior so far.

------8<-------------------------------------------8<------
git clone https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/auctex.git
cd auctex/
wget https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/auctex/2022-03/txtiC_jAAIg6Q.txt
# Got this link from the email thread of the message:
# https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/auctex/2022-03/msg00009.html
mv txtiC_jAAIg6Q.txt patch.patch
git apply patch.patch
cp latex.el ~/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-13.0.14/latex.el
------8<-------------------------------------------8<------

With the above code I was able to get the new latex.el and
incorporate it in the auctex folder.

After the above process, I get the following message in the
*Messages* buffer:

------8<-------------------------------------------8<------
Source file ‘~/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-13.0.14/latex.el’ newer
than byte-compiled file; using older file

So I am unfortunately not able to test whether the patch
actually works not. Can you please help me for understanding
how to install the whole latest thing?

PS: I never imagined I can get scissors in plain text.
    Thanks a lot Arash! ;-)

Best,
निरंजन