Re: Emacs hangs when spell checking

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: Emacs hangs when spell checking
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 18:13:27 +0900

Hi Brian,

> I have Emacs 27.1 on Windows, and I have just upgraded auctex to
> 13.0.4 with elpa.
> I have installed aspell as described in
> https://emacs.stackexchange.com/a/45752 and it works smoothly, except
> in .tex files.

> When I M-x ispell-buffer emacs hangs after a few moments and it does
> become active before I press C-g and skips the spelling.
> The same happens for flyspell.

Confirmed, but I have currently no idea. On non-TeX document,
ispell-buffer works. I tested ispell-buffer on LaTeX document with
aspell on FreeBSD, and it works well. So it's likely that something is
wrong with implementation in ispell.el which emerges only on (La)TeX
document+MSYS2 aspell.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita