Using unicode labels with spaces in RefTex

From: Marcin Kolenda
Subject: Using unicode labels with spaces in RefTex
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2021 15:25:29 +0100

Greetings,
I am using AUCTeX for typesetting mathematics in English and Polish language.

When I interactively call #'reftex-label and put space inside the label or an character commonly used in polish like ą ę ł ó ź ć ż I get message that it contains invalid characters.

However, I successfully use the labels with spaces or utf8 characters without an issue. I am tempted to remove the aforementioned check for label characters domain. Why shouldn't I do that?

Marcin Kolenda