Re: [AUCTeX] Contributing style files

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Contributing style files
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2019 16:06:24 +0100

Mandar Mitra <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Mandar,

> I had earlier emailed a very basic tabu.el as a starting point for
> tabu.sty to auctex-devel.  I've attached it with this email as well.
> I'm not sure of the proper way to go about getting this reviewed and
> included in the styles directory if it's found to be reasonable.
> Could you please advise?

If you want to contribute, one thing you need to do before we can accept
your patches is assign the copyright to the Free Software Foundation.
To do so, fill out the following form and send it to the stated mail
address.

Please email the following information to address@hidden, and we
will send you the assignment form for your past and future changes.

Please use your full legal name (in ASCII characters) as the subject
line of the message.
REQUEST: SEND FORM FOR PAST AND FUTURE CHANGES

[What is the name of the program or package you're contributing to?]

[Did you copy any files or text written by someone else in these changes?
Even if that material is free software, we need to know about it.]

[Do you have an employer who might have a basis to claim to own
your changes?  Do you attend a school which might make such a claim?]

[For the copyright registration, what country are you a citizen of?]

[What year were you born?]

[Please write your email address here.]

[Please write your postal address here.]

[Which files have you changed so far, and which new files have you written
so far?]

As package you are contributing to, state either GNU AUCTeX or GNU
Emacs.  Since AUCTeX is in GNU ELPA, it can be considered part of Emacs
and thus the copyright assignment for Emacs covers AUCTeX, too, but the
other way round is not true.

> ;;; tabu.el --- AUCTeX style for the tabu package.
>
> ;; Author: Mandar Mitra

I'd suggest to add an email address so that you can be contacted.

Other than that, the code looks good.  However, I did not test it as I
don't know tabu.

Bye,
Tassilo