Re: [AUCTeX] reftex-docstruct-symbol contains wrong labels

From: Amos Bird
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] reftex-docstruct-symbol contains wrong labels
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2019 22:22:05 +0800

Thanks!

However I have to restart emacs after setting that variable to make it work. How can I correctly reload the cref entries in a live buffer? It also happens when I add new \cref items and those aren't shown in the completion list.

Regards,

Arash Esbati <address@hidden> writes:

Amos Bird <address@hidden> writes:

reftex generates a label called `\textbullet` after scanning the
following latex code
```
\begin{itemize}[label=\textbullet]
\item aaa.
\item bbb.
\item ccc.
\end{itemize}

```

Hi Amos,

this is the expected behavior. RefTeX comes with a variable called `reftex-label-ignored-macros-and-environments' which you can customize:

,----[ C-h v reftex-label-ignored-macros-and-environments RET ]
| reftex-label-ignored-macros-and-environments is a variable defined in ‘reftex-vars.el’.
| Its value is nil
|
| Documentation:
| List of macros and environments to be ignored when searching for labels. | The purpose is to ignore environments and macros that use keyval | style label=foo arguments, but the label has a different meaning | than a \label{foo}. Standard \label{...} definitions are never
| ignored.
|
| E.g., TikZ defines several macros/environments where [label=foo] | defines the label to be printed at some node or edge, but it’s
| not a label used for referencing.
|
| Note that this feature is only supported if you are using AUCTeX
| and the functions ‘TeX-current-macro’ and
| ‘LaTeX-current-environment’ are bound.  Also note that this
| feature might slow down the reftex parsing process for large TeX
| files.
|
| You can customize this variable.
|
| This variable was introduced, or its default value was changed, in
| version 24.4 of Emacs.
`----

Best, Arash

--