Re: [AUCTeX] Preparing new AUCTeX version and comments about more freque

From: Davide G. M. Salvetti
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Preparing new AUCTeX version and comments about more frequent releases
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2017 02:55:19 +0200

[...]

MG> We have the Debian maintainer reading us :-)  Davide, do you think
MG> you'd be able in the future to prepare the Debian package from a git
MG> tag or an ELPA package?

Hi everybody,

in the long run I could use both, but ATM the most straightforward way
for me would be to package from a git tag, especially if I could use
git archive to get a orig.tar.gz.

Apart from packaging, I think that AUCTeX users would benefit from
having clearly marked stable releases.  What about using some branching
git workflow like using the master branch to track stable releases and a
next branch to develop new features until they are deemed stable enough
to be included in master?

P.S. I'll be very busy for a week or so starting from tomorrow,
therefore I might not be able to comment on this thread until then.

--
Best regards,
Davide