[AUCTeX] How to colorize tildes?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: [AUCTeX] How to colorize tildes?
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2016 11:43:49 +0100

Hi all,

I used a lot of tildes ("~" signs) in my (La)TeX documents.  What would
be the best way to make them dimmed in TeX modes?  I mean, I could use
font-lock-keywords, but maybe there is some infrastructure in
tex-font.el?  (Also, when I - or we - figure it out, I'd like to submit
a patch for that.)  BTW, should font-related things common to TeX and
LaTeX be put in both tex-font.el and font-latex.el?

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University