Re: [AUCTeX] [BUG] Unable to use AUCTeX on OS X Yosemite

From: Dror Atariah
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] [BUG] Unable to use AUCTeX on OS X Yosemite
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 23:32:18 +0100

This sounds way more than reasonable.... During this detective process I found many other flaws in my settings... At least I cleared this issue. Or at least so I hope...

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 11:30 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
Dror Atariah <address@hidden> writes:

> I think I narrowed the problem to the following statement: (defalias 'push
> 'org-mobile-push) which is almost the last one in my setup. If I comment it
> out I can use AUCTeX 11.88 without any problems...
>
> Does it make any sense?

Well, replacing a core macro like "push" with something completely
different is not a good idea.

I am surprised that only AUCTeX comes crashing down around your head.

push is a Lisp macro in `subr.el'.

(push NEWELT PLACE)

Add NEWELT to the list stored in the generalized variable PLACE.
This is morally equivalent to (setf PLACE (cons NEWELT PLACE)),
except that PLACE is only evaluated once (after NEWELT).

[back]

--
David Kastrup

--