Re: [AUCTeX] new release?

From: Norbert Preining
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] new release?
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 08:03:27 +0900

Hi Mosè,

On Fri, 10 Oct 2014, Mosè Giordano wrote:
> I get the same errors reported by Tassilo, and the rule
>     make dist TAG=11.87

?? I didn't see any report - where was it sent to?

> fails with your patch.  How come AUCTeX fails to compile?  Isn't
> texi2html a build dependency?  I installed that package and I can
> produce the HTML documentation and the PDF and DVI as well.

The point is that texi2html has been declared obsolete in Debian,
and should not be used to build packages.

This is actually a consequence of upstream pulling the plug:
        http://www.nongnu.org/texi2html/
...The Texi2HTML maintainers (one of whom is the principal author of the GNU
Texinfo implementation) do not intend to make further releases of Texi2HTML.....

etc etc

The FTBFS was with respect to the Debian package if texi2html
is not available.

THus, came my suggestion to move to makeinfo.

All the best

Norbert

GPG: 0x860CDC13   fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0  ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13