[AUCTeX] new release?

From: Norbert Preining
Subject: [AUCTeX] new release?
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 09:59:01 +0900

Dear AucTeX Masters,

here is Norbert, from TeX Live and Debian TeX team.

Recently I was playing around with updating auctex in Debian, and
found lots of problems with the current package (there is no texi2html
anymore, to list only one). So in fact, currently auctex fails to
build from source in Debian.

Before I invest much energy in fixing all these things, I checked the
archives of the AucTeX project, and found sometime back in the
beginning of September that you are planning a new release.

As we are approaching freeze time in Debian, it would be great to
see a new release of AucTeX in time.

So my question: After the activity in beginning of September, is there
any time frame for a new release you could tell me?

Thanks a lot

Norbert

GPG: 0x860CDC13   fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0  ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13