[AUCTeX] TeX-view-program-list

From: Claude Lacoursiere
Subject: [AUCTeX] TeX-view-program-list
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 19:38:31 +0200

Hi.

I've been trying to customize the compile and view commands using the
variables
TeX-view
TeX-view-predicate-list
TeX-view-program-list

etc., as described in the documentation but to no avail.

I don't like pdftex but I'm using tikz now and that won't work
with plain xdvi.  I'd like the viewer to be ghostview and the compile
command to produce a postscript file.   Generating pdf with pdflatex
does not work for me since I have eps files to include.

I get almost what I want when I  include the pstricks package
but I tried changin the regexp in the TeX-view-predicate-list
to no avail.

Did anyone manage to customize these commands successfully?

Cheers,
/Claude