Re: [AUCTeX] Forward and inverse search with Emacs 24.1, Auctex 11.86 an

From: Vladimir Lomov
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Forward and inverse search with Emacs 24.1, Auctex 11.86 and Okular
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 15:48:34 +0900

Hello,
** AW [2012-06-20 22:51:27 +0200]:

> Hi,

> for curiosity I installed Emacs 24.1, but kept AUCTeX 11.86, all and
> everything under openSuse 12.1, but with new KDE 4.8.4

> Forward search (C-c C-v) opens Okular, but on the page displayed last time
> and
> not where I'm no in my document, and backward search (shift + right click) in
> Okular does not do anything.

> Hey, is there somewhere a canonical howto make it work? I tried so many
> things, but much may be outdated.

> I even installed a CVS-version of AUCTeX, but the new tex.el causes an error
> and AUCTeX does not work at all (void something dbus register . . ., if
> needed, I can reproduce).

I searched the net and found this helpful:
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/60170/how-to-set-up-okular-for-forward-backward-search-with-tex-live-2011-not-trivia

P.S. Actually your question remainded me that in my setup
Emacs-AUCTeX+okular don't work in both directions, only from Okular
(shift+click) works. With the information on that page I now have
working forward/backward "search", in both directions!

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
Unknown person(s) stole the American flag from its pole in Etra Park sometime
between 3pm Jan 17 and 11:30 am Jan 20.  The flag is described as red, white
                -- Windsor-Heights Herald "Police Blotter", Jan 28, 1987