Re: [AUCTeX] AUCTeX configure blocked by memory of old TL2011 installati

From: Haines Brown
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] AUCTeX configure blocked by memory of old TL2011 installation
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 06:21:14 -0400

On Sun, May 06, 2012 at 07:46:36PM +0200, Davide G. M. Salvetti wrote:
> If I understood correctly what you did, which I'm not at all sure I did,
> you installed TeXLive under your home directory by hand; you didn't use
> the Debian TeXLive packages.
>
> If this is the case, be aware that the Debian AUCTeX package won't work
> for you, as it is designed to work with the Debian TeXLive packages, not
> with hand made TeXLive installations.  If this is the case, you should
> install AUCTeX by hand as well (just follow the instructions, after
> purging the Debian package).

Aha! I believe you have spotted the problem. I installed TL2011 from
CTAN rather than the debian package because the latter is only TL2010.
And I did install AUCTeX from the debian archive.

I just downloaded the XeTeX version of AUCTeX from the website and
asssume that installation instructions are included in the tarball.
I assume that using it will solve the problem.

Thank you.

Haines Brown