Re: [AUCTeX] forward / backward with evince

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] forward / backward with evince
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 20:38:43 +0200

Mandar Mitra <address@hidden> writes:

> If I use the dbus-based solution given in

> for forward search with evince, the target location is marked by a red
> rectangle. This is also how its done for xdvi (with source specials).
>
> But the default forward search provided by auctex only specifies a
> page number.  Can the solution given above be incorporated into
> auctex's forward search mechanism?

I had a quick look, and the difference in that AUCTeX just calls evince
with some special command line while the python script in the ubuntu
forum sends a DBUS signal that just does the right thing inside evince.

Shouldn't be hard to do the same from AUCTeX.  I'll add it to my todo
list.  Don't hold your breath, but I'll try to do it ASAP.

Bye,
Tassilo