[AUCTeX] forward / backward with evince

From: Mandar Mitra
Subject: [AUCTeX] forward / backward with evince
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 01:04:53 +0530

If I use the dbus-based solution given in

for forward search with evince, the target location is marked by a red
rectangle. This is also how its done for xdvi (with source specials).

But the default forward search provided by auctex only specifies a page
number. Can the solution given above be incorporated into auctex's forward
search mechanism?

Thanks,
Mandar.

[ Sorry if this is a FAQ or if this has already been done for the
  development version. I'm running auctex 11.86 on Ubuntu 11.10.  ]