Re: [AUCTeX] Can we close the output buffer permanently?

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Can we close the output buffer permanently?
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 16:01:43 +0100

* access Wang (2010-12-26) writes:

> The feature exists by default.

Not in a vanilla version of AUCTeX.

> It was not enabled by me.

Then maybe by your distribution or by the guy you copied your init file
from or something like that.

> Every time  I compile or preview .tex file, the output buffer appears. I
> hate It.

Then remove the setting which enabled the feature.  Assuming the AUCTeX
sources are unaltered, this might be in the site init file or in your
user init file.  The variable which controls the feature is called
`TeX-show-compilation'.  This is also explained in the manual:

(info "(auctex)Processor Options") <-- Type `C-x C-e' here.

In case you cannot find the setting which was not done by you, you can
also try to customize the variable (`M-x customize-varibale <RET> ...')
and hope that it will take precedence.