[AUCTeX] Can we close the output buffer permanently?

From: access Wang
Subject: [AUCTeX] Can we close the output buffer permanently?
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 10:56:02 +0800

Every time I compile .tex file, *~/name output* buffer appears,  The output buffer frame occupies half of the window.  In most case, I don't need information in the output buffer, but i have to press C+x 1 to close it. It is annoying!

Can we disable it? The ideal way to tackle the *output* buffer is to close it for ever. Only when we need it, we recall it.  In most Latex editors, the output information don't appear.

This problem also exists in preview-latex. When I preview .tex file, even a equation, the */_region_ output*  appears and occupies half window.

Thanks!