Re: [AUCTeX] Drag and drop support

From: Michal Sojka
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Drag and drop support
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 18:09:51 +0100

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010, Dr. Ing. Dieter Jurzitza wrote:
> Hi Michal,
> two points about your lisp code. I integrated it into auctex/tex.el and it is
> working nicely. But:

Hi Dieter,

> - I am forced to load auctex-dnd mode explicitly. Coulnd't that autoload with
> auctex?

I'm not elisp expert, but I think that if you integrate the code with
tex.el, it is already loaded, but the auctex-dnd mode is not enabled.
You can probably use something like

(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'auctex-dnd-mode)

in your .emacs to enable it automatically with auctex.

> - in the configuration dialogue it says "Group definition missing." And I
> cannot find the configuration but via search options, in any way it is not
> located within the auctex configuration group.
>
> Do you have any idea regarding this? Thank you very much,
> take care

Yes, it seems I used nonexistent group in the custom variables
definition. You probably need to add

(defgroup auctex-dnd nil
  "A (La)TeX drag-and-drop mode."
  :tag "AUCTeX"
  :group 'AUCTeX)

and change all :group tags to be followed by 'auctex-dnd.

As I wrote earlier, this was only a quick hack so I didn't polish the
code. In any way, I'm glad that you like it.

Cheers,
Michal