Re: [AUCTeX] Re: auctex preview in emacs

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: auctex preview in emacs
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 23:02:02 +0100

* Kenneth Pedersen (2009-12-27) writes:

> Hello, thank you for replying, I must say, that I think found a reason to my
> problem.After reading what you wrote, I tried to exclude some more things,
> that I didn't try from the start.
> And I found that using \( \) were causing some problems for the previewer.
> After replacing them with \begin{math} \end{math} everything works perfect.
> Although, the tex notation for inline math $ $ works fine, but I don't know
> why.
> But I can use \begin{displaymath} \end{displaymath}, instead of \[ \]. So
> there
> isn't any problems afterall (:.

Both \(...\) and \[...\] should work and in fact do so in the following
example:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\begin{document}
\section{København}
\(1+1=2\)
\[2+2=4\]
\end{document}

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: latex
%%% TeX-master: t
%%% End:

Without a complete minimal example for reproducing the problem at least
I cannot help you any further.