Re: [AUCTeX] latex symbols

From: Sergio Roa
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] latex symbols
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 13:12:40 +0200

Hi David,

David Kastrup wrote:
 > M-x customize-variable RET LaTeX-math-menu-unicode RET

Set it, save for future sessions, quit and restart Emacs.  If you have
success with that, use M-x TeX-submit-bug-report RET to report your
version of Emacs and that the default setting of this variable is
incorrect for your setup.

This didn't work. Neither in Aquamacs or Carbon Emacs. In Aquamacs, I set this variable on as suggested and the status is mantained in the next sessions, but no symbols are shown. Strangely, in Carbon Emacs even if I set it to on for future sessions, the variable is not turned on by default after opening the session and in any case, the symbols are never shown.

I suspect that we might set it to t by default on Emacs >= 23.  But I
don't think people have tested this yet.

cheers,

Sergio