[AUCTeX] Re: Getting SyncTeX working on GNU/Linux

From: Rasmus
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Getting SyncTeX working on GNU/Linux
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 04:28:11 +0000 (UTC)

> And instead of reporting it as a bug you advertise a third-party tool?
It is a script written for Emacs. . .
Frankly, direct Synctex-support for specific viewers has /not/ seemed like the
scope of AUCTeX so far. As I am sure you know, one will also need scripts when
using Skim[1] or Sumatra pdf[2].
As you can tell from the above a script is needed on other platforms to
archive full synctex support. Thus, it is natural to assume that the same is
needed on GNU/Linux. If you can provide a direct way of sending synctex-info
to the viewer please share it.

> What did you try so far?  Did you follow (info "(auctex)I/O Correlation")?
I do not have Emacs on this pc. Thus, I was only able to find a patch (for the
manual) and I was not able to find anything useful in it.

I have set tex-output-view-style for ^.pdf to
evince %o -p %(outpage) -a
This will open the relevant page but it will not highlight the active line.

Cheers,
Rasmus

Footnotes:
 [1] http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/skim-app/index.php?